Thursday, August 15, 2013

♫ can you hear the music ♪

good morning.  sorry for the lack of posts, we are getting ready to be back to school and with 4 kids, it's never dull during this time of preparation. 

orientations....check
school clothes shopping.....check (not even peeking at my bank account)

basketball open gyms before tryouts.....check

hair cuts.....check

i know you know the routine, i won't keep going...giggle

on a scrappy note, today my sweet friend Alex and I are up on the October Afternoon blog with a new sketch this week and our interpretations of it.  When creating this week's sketch, I wanted to create a sketch that would allow me the freedom to play with some of these Ipod pics of my daughter and her "favorites" right now.  I also wanted a sketch that would emphasize large focal elements and love how Alex interpreted the sketch for her little guy!


can you hear the music sketch 

 

music, music, music layout

 (i'm sorry it's not the best pics, but it was getting dark outside when i took these)

  

I cut the large music notes and title with my silhouette and backed it with fun new papers from the OA Daily Flash GIrl Talk line.  I only have one daughter and this paper is one I would buy in multiples, it is THAT awesome



 the tin pins are so much fun in this line, i love layering them with all the various die-cuts and tidbits



 i hope you'll pop in and say hello and see the amazing layout by Alex.

thank you so much for your visits and notes♥

hugs!
danni



 

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I love love love the colors and loveeeeeeeeee those music notes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS page!! Loving how you used the negative cuts!

    ReplyDelete

i {heart} your sweet notes. thank you for taking time to visit me♥